Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Really? A Spelling Bee on Friday?




Jack is a word hound.
Fond of using words he doesn't even know the meaning of...
It's taken him to the 4th grade spelling bee.
He can't go on after this (only 5th and 6th graders)-
but I think I'm happy about that.
We're up to our ears in definitions, origins and homonyms.

We received the list of words today, the Bee is Friday.
Eash!


Living Realistically, I should expect Jack to enter a Spelling Bee w/out my knowledge.
Here's why:



Kindergarten:


Jack gets on stage at the Kinders Talent Show and states, "My mom was not able to make it here with my costume, but I'll perform without it. I'm going to entertain you with my version of "A Pirate's Life for Me."


Oh yeah. He sung the whole song. From what I hear, he acted it out, too. I found out when a neighbor called and told me what a good job he'd done.
I did not know I was making a costume.

First grade:
Jack volunteers to be George Washington in the first grade play.
I didn't know until I saw him perform it live.

Second Grade:
Jack participates in the classroom talent show. "I've been taking piano lessons from my mom (I cannot play the piano- i can pick out a tune and pluck it out. But that is it!) I am going to play the scale for you. Please watch how my thumb goes under on the way up and how my middle finger goes over on the way down. I have been practicing this technique."

Once again, I found all this out from a fellow mother.

I think he took 3rd grade off to gear up for something phenomenal. The Bee. I think HE thinks if he does spectacularly they'll make an exception and allow him to continue to regions.

I can say this, I just never know what I'm going to get with him around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is it Cafe Rio or Paradise Bakery?

My kids have done the same thing!

Jess said...

You go Jack! I am so proud of you. I can't wait until you and your mom are famous :)

Thanks for the visit and the Salsa today. You have NO idea how much I love you! You seriously look so great too.