Tuesday, June 10, 2008

dreamed gathering



i want to have a garden party in the evening when candlelight is effective. i want to hand deliver monogrammed invites attached to teacups. i want longtime friends, new friends and friends i don't even know to be there.

i want ladies in big hats with parasols. i want finger sandwiches with the crusts cut off. i want skewered fruits in a hollowed watermelon bowl. i want a crystal punch bowl filled to the brim with sparkling ice cubes and floating citrus discs in a bath of hand squeezed lemonade. i want balloons. i want an entrance arbor covered in blooming wisteria. i want live music.

POP! who wants to come over and jump on my trampoline?

9 comments:

april hickman said...

me.

Jess said...

You are a blogging maniac! Where have I been? Loving all the posts. I want to have a party. YES!!

Jumping on the tramp sounds good too.

Bevany said...

The people in my ward actually have garden parties and they wear bonnets and hats. I'm all about a picnic at the park. I'd come jump on your trampoline, but in my current state it just makes me pee my pants. Gotta love being pregnant.

The Malmborgs said...

ha ha. I am not sure I would fit in at your garden party, but I would rock your trampoline party. Can we sleepover to...on the tramp of course.

kourtney said...

I will, no better excercize!

Bayra said...

Pick me to be one of your guests. You got me at ladies with big hats with parasols. Oh, I want to come to your party so badly. I wanna wear a big hat and go to a trampoline party! P.S. you don't have to hand deliver my invite I would want you to travel 12 hours by car with my invite. USPS is just fine for me! Love you!

Danielle Christiansen said...

That sounds like a gathering I could definetely handle. Although being this pregnant, i do not think me on a trampoline would be appealing to other guests.

kourtney said...

Ummm...is the fort still up?

nicolefurness said...

sounds like the setting from a novel. sign me up. ill bring the mosquito repellant.