Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Brunch

We're forgoing the typical Easter Dinner and enjoying a large filling breakfast/brunch.
Puff Pancake, (aka German Pancake) Spiral Cut Ham (cooked in crockpot over night-delish), Hashbrowns, Orange Smoothie

Puffy Pancake Recipe (Thanks, Grandma! Yum!)
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Melt 1/2 cube butter in 9x13 pyrex dish. I like to melt the butter in the pan while the oven is warming.


6 eggs
1 Cup milk
1 Cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
Use hand mixer and blend well. Pour into 9x13 dish ~ over melted butter. Bake for 18 minutes. Kids will love to watch this cook, because the pancake sides rise higher than the pan sides.
Serve warm. Top with powdered or granulated sugar, strawberry jam, fresh fruit or syrup. We use a homemade syrup that tastes like melted marshmallows. I just can't remember the recipe and I am desperately attempting to reach my Dad and Marian to get a copy.... Help, DAD!!!

GOT THE RECIPE!!!!
Buttermilk Syrup
1 1/2 C Sugar
3/4 C Buttermilk
1/2 C Butter or margarine
2 Tbs Light corn syrup
Stir and bring to a boil
then add:
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Baking soda (this will make it rise up quite a bit-make sure you use a larger pot)

Happy Easter, All.


3 comments:

Knowlton Mom said...

Sounds like a recipe I need to try. Let me know if you get the syrup recipe. YUM!

Happy Easter wishes to you and your family

~With Love from the California Knowltons and the rest of the Hartung clan that are here eating an early dinner with us. I like the idea of breakfast for next year!

Jess said...

OH Hooray.. I love to try out new recipes. Believe it or not I have never made German pancakes. Now I will!

Hope you had a fabulous Easter!

Anonymous said...

you were born to blog!!!!!